Home Care Packages (1&2)
Home Care Packages provide our Elders who want to stay in their homes with access to a range of continuing personal services, support services and clinical care that help them with their day-to-day activities.
All Home Care Packages are delivered on a Consumer Directed Care (CDC) basis which means Wyanga will work in partnership with all Clients to:
- Give you more choice and flexibility when selecting care and services
- Support you in your decision making process
- Ensure the services we provide are responsive to our consumers customs, sexual orientation or gender identity, circumstances and background; including their relationships with their Carers and family members
- Enable you to be active in your community
- Decide what level of involvement you would like to have in managing your package
- Co-produce a Care Plan with an individualised budget that is relevant to only your needs and provide individualised income and expenses statements, which Wyanga provide monthly.
Levels of Care available at Wyanga Aboriginal Aged Care Program:
Level 1 – to support people with basic care needs
Level 2 – to support people with low level care needs.
WE CURRENTLY HAVE HOME CARE PACKAGES AVAILABLE, PLEASE CONTACT MY AGED CARE TO HAVE YOUR ELIGIBILITY ASSESSED.
If you require a higher level of care (3-4), Wyanga will assist you by referring you to an appropriate provider.
Types of Services available to Wyanga Service Users on a Home Care Package:
- Support Services – such as help with washing and ironing, house cleaning, gardening, basic home maintenance, advocacy for home modifications relating to your care needs, transport for shopping, medical appointments and social activities
- Personal Care – such as help with showering and bathing, dressing and mobility
- Nursing, Allied Health/other Clinical Services – hearing and vision services
- Care coordination and case management.
To be eligible to receive a Home Care Package (HCP) with Wyanga you must be:
- Aged 50 and over
- You must be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander decent as Wyanga is a specialised service
You must be assessed and approved by the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT). Once a person has been approved by ACAT and accepted by Wyanga for a Home Care Package, an in-home assessment is performed by a Client Care Coordinator to discuss what support may be offered.