Social Support Group
Social Support aims to enhance an Elders quality of life and well-being through social support and monitoring. Social Support services can help Elders maintain an active social life by having someone visit you in your home or in a group setting.
At Wyanga our Social Support Group meet every Wednesday to participate in an arranged outing. Social Support activities can help prevent loneliness and isolation and can also help with psychological and physical well-being, lowering stress levels and help with issues such as anxiety and depression.
Some of the outings that Wyanga’s Social Support Group include:
- Madame Tussauds Wax Museum
- The Chinese Garden of Friendship
- Tribal Warrior Cultural Cruise with Awabakal Ltd Newcastle Aboriginal Co-Operative
- Manhattan Super Bowl (Ten Pin Bowling)
- Marrin-Weejali Aboriginal Co-Operative in the Mount Druitt area
To find out more about Wyanga’s Social Support Group contact Reception on 02) 9319 7175.