Chief Executive Officer
As our long-term CEO nears retirement, a unique opportunity has emerged for a new leader to take up the position and help take us forward.
In 1994, two remarkable Aboriginal grandmothers set about establishing Wyanga Aboriginal Aged Care Program.
Today, Wyanga’s programs are funded by the Federal Government, through the Commonwealth Home Support Program and Home Care Package Program, with a small number of clients on NDIS programs as well.
At Wyanga, we strive for excellence and best practice in the provision of culturally appropriate services and quality care for our Elders in their own home and in the community.
This is a rare chance to join an Aboriginal owned and controlled Aged Care organisation that provides a culturally safe, tailored service to our Elders and participants within our extraordinary communities
The purpose of the Wyanga CEO position is to run and grow the organisation through a Strategic Roadmap to achieve Wyanga’s Vision, which they will achieve by managing the organisation and its people; actively engaging and building relationships with all relevant internal external stakeholders; and above all centering Aboriginal Elders and our community in everything we do
Key responsibilities and scope of the CEO role include:
- – Driving the highest possible quality of care for the Aboriginal Elders we serve, to ensure they are at the centre of everything we do to embed the Aged Care Quality Standards
- – Fostering an employee culture of safety, collaboration, and respect
- – Ensuring overall coordination of Wyanga programs and services, and providing high-level advice
- – Developing and deploying the next Strategic Roadmap (2023-2026)
- – Overseeing efficient, effective, and compliant business systems and processes including, but not limited to, governance, risk management, financials, HR, record-keeping
- – Represent and promote Wyanga externally and in our community
- – Develop and negotiate external partnership opportunities
A full position description is available by emailing email@example.com or in office
You will have:
- – Clear passion for Wyanga’s vision, as well as adherence to our values around community, collaboration, inclusion and respect.
- – Experience in the Aged Care sector, providing safe, quality care and services in line with the Ages Care Quality Standards and legislation.
- – Strong ties to the Aboriginal community and experience delivering in an Aboriginal or cross-cultural environment.
- – Ability to develop and drive Wyanga’s strategic roadmap
- – Knowledge of clinical data and its management
- – Experience in developing strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders as well as experience working with Government agencies.
A full position description is available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or in office.
How to apply:
An application consisting of a cover letter addressing the key criteria of the role (maximum 3 pages) and resume should be emailed as a word document or PDF to email@example.com
Enquiries can be directed to HR Coordinator, on the above email.