Office Assistant – Job Advert:
In 1994, two remarkable Aboriginal grandmothers set about establishing Wyanga Aboriginal Aged Care Program.
Today, Wyanga’s programs are funded by the Federal Government, through the Commonwealth Home Support Program and Home Care Package Program, with a small number of clients on NDIS programs as well.
Our team of over 20 provides care services to around 60 local Aboriginal Elders living in their own homes. Our services include transportation, groceries, medical appointment support, as well as group activities for clients such as health and wellbeing activities, social activities, and a culturally safe Aboriginal Men’s Group.
At Wyanga, we strive for excellence and best practice in the provision of culturally appropriate services and quality care for our Elders in their own home and in the community.
Located in vibrant Redfern; a heart of Indigenous voice, advocacy and community, our team of over 20 provides care services to around 60 local Aboriginal Elders living in their own homes. Our services include transportation, groceries, medical appointment support, as well as group activities for clients such as health and wellbeing activities, social activities (such as Bingo), and a culturally safe Aboriginal Men’s Group.
This is a rare chance to join one of Sydney’s only Aboriginal Aged Care organisations – a critical service providing culturally-safe tailored care to our Elders, working side-by-side with extraordinary clients and staff every day.
The purpose of the Office Assistant role is to deliver friendly and efficient customer service to our clients, staff, and visitors. In this role, you will be responsible for creating a warm atmosphere for all Wyanga guests and assist staff with general administrative duties.
Key responsibilities and scope of the Office Assistant position include:
- Act as a first point of contact for staff, clients, and visitors to our office. Greeting them in person and creating a welcoming environment
- Reception duties including answering telephone, monitoring, and replying to emails
- Managing incoming mail and document deliveries, including Care Worker timesheets
- Ensure registers (including PPE, complaints, and maintenance registers) are maintained and correct with appropriate actions being taken. Appropriate actions (depending on the register) include, escalating to relevant staff and issuing equipment.
- Various office administration tasks including data entry, printing, scanning and management of office supplies.
- Assist with preparation of various meeting agendas and documents including the Wyanga monthly newsletter
- Ensure client areas are clean and tidy to ensure we are providing a safe environment for all
A full position description is available by emailing email@example.com or in office.
You will have:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong ties to the local Aboriginal community
- Sound skills in Microsoft programs and data entry
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working within the Aged Care or Home and Community Care industries (preferable)
- First Aid and Work Health and Safety certificates (preferable)
- Experience working within our database system Care Manager 3 (preferable)
A full position description can be found on our website and is available in office.
How to apply:
An application consisting of resume should be emailed as a word document or PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25 November 2022.
Enquiries can be directed to HR Coordinator, on the above email.